Monday, January 5, 2009

The beginning of new family traditions



We decided to start some new traditions this year, as it is our first Christmas together. Some were borrowed traditions and some were new.
Like this one. We borrowed this family tradition from another family at church, the Cooks. We made a fondue spread, which the kids could not have thought was more cool. We enjoyed all kinds of goodies dipped in cheese!!! Mmmmm...



Then, we gave the kids a new stocking and ornament. We bought stockings for all of us, including one extra just in case there ever is a need for one. :-)



Cait got a kitty because she adores them and B got a surfer frog.







We let Dad hang the first ornament and the star seeing as how it was his first Christmas with us (this was B's idea).



Cait set up and re-set up the nativity. She constantly tweaked it throughout the Christmas season. It had to be perfect!





The finished tree.



Sweet sight







Hot chocolate by the fire!



5 comments:

Treats by Trish said...

Your posts always make me cry! I think it might have something to do with the fact that I had a 'new' dad a couple of times when I was a kid and he was never as great as Paul seems to be - lucky, lucky kids!!! You are so very lucky to find someone who is good to, and loves your kids! As always - I am SO VERY HAPPY for you and your babies!

Jennifer Bacak said...

Love the new blog, and Christmas pics. I really love your stockings! Fun!
jenn

Kimberly said...

I am so happy for you guys! It looks like you had a fantastic Christmas as a new family. Fondue sounds like an excellent holiday meal! I can see why the kids would enjoy it ~ I always loved it as a kid. Happy New Year!

Dimple Queen said...

Tamra, SO many amazing things have happened for you and your family over the last couple months. I am so happy for you and praising God for the amazing things He has done for you all. I am excited to see your new blog and will continue to be blessed as it continues to evolve!

God bless you all!

Angela

Unknown said...

I love, love, love that your kids call Paul Dad..it seems they just didn't skip a beat and that's wonderful. And hmmm, I totally forgot that I have a fondue pot, I'm going to have to get that thing out!