Sunday, March 29, 2009

Red Envelopes

Can you do something?
You can.
I know, it feels a little helpless sometimes with our world changing, new leadership, new ideas, new rules to play by.
It may seem a little discouraging.
I know I've had those thoughts, "Lord, just come quickly or bring me home soon."
We all long for heaven as Christians, but we're here in this season for a reason.
God has a purpose for us here.
Those purposes are many, but this one thing you can do now.
You can do it today.
Would you?
Would you take 10 minutes and make a statement about what you believe is right?

I encourage you to send a letter.
Have you heard of the Red Envelope Campaign?
If not, here's the gist:

Send an envelope to the president.
A red envelope.
An empty red envelope.

Address it to:

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20500


On the back write this message:


Mail your letter along with thousands of others on Tuesday, March 31.
I so wish I could see the mailbags arrive at the White House on Thursday or Friday of this week. I've wondered what thoughts the President would have seeing such a peaceful, meek, yet firm statement about what we believe so passionately.

Would you participate with me?