Tuesday, June 2, 2009

French Cafe



Wee wee! It is time for the french cafe!
This was probably my favorite Kindergarten event last year with Benjamin and it did not disappoint to be a great time the second time around either!



After their studies of the world led them to France and they had studied the art, the literature, the food, the sites and the lifestyle, they created a cafe for the parents in oh so french style!



Here is my little Madeline bringing in my lunch to the tune of "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast.



And the menu you ask? Magnifique french cuisine including french bread, strawberries, cheese, quiche and eclairs. Cait gave a courtesy bite to all, but liked the eclair best! That's my girl!



Oh how glad I was to be her guest!!



Here's some of Cait's art work. Man, she can tell you all you need to know about the Mona Lisa, let me tell you! (I'm thinking that this was sketched for all the kids and then they water colored. Just a guess!)



Cait and her best bud, Lauren. At any parting you can hear them yell to each other, "Bye Cait, I love you!" and "Bye Lauren, I love you!" So sweet!



In a house in Paris, that was covered with vines,
Lived 12 little girls in 2 straight lines.
Cait's line, "And the smallest one of all was Madeline."
Sheer brilliance, I tell you!



The class reciting Psalm 121 with sign language...

"I lift up my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth."



"The Lord who watches over Isreal will neither slumber nor sleep..."



Mrs. Gilliland, the class and Mrs. Herritage







Pepito (Mr. Will) and Madeline (Miss Cait)


This is so classic Cait...beautiful littl girl in a sweet little dress with messy hair and one sock falling down. Oh well!









Now Kindergarten is OVER!!! I'm so very sad about that and yet I think we're ready for what's next!

4 comments:

Christi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christi said...

Oh, what comes next? I can't wait to know what the next year holds for your sweet family!
Miss you all!
Cait is precious! Can't believe our little ones are done with Kindergarten! WOW!

Anonymous said...

How cute! How time flies!
By the way, I wouldn't have noticed the messy hair and the sock falling down if you hadn't mentioned it... It is okay! She is precious!
Danielle

Sheila said...

Please tell me Nutella was involved!