Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sarah Noble Day

The Courage of Sarah Noble is a classic book in children's literature that tells of a little girl in colonial times. Our second graders read this book and at the end of their book study have a hands-on learning day called Sarah Noble Day. It's a great way to learn...playing the games Sarah might have played instead of just reading about them.




And here is B dressed for the day as the cutest little pilgrim you ever did see!




















Games!









Crafts!



Buddies



Beadwork






Mrs. Cook



B's class



Buddy Carter



Goofy shot



As I was heading back to my classroom from B's I noticed this view...one I have seen a thousand times and yet one that I will rarely see at the end of the year. It made me sad and nostalgic and I just wanted to capture it...on the way to 4C.




No comments: